Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I minimize

I know how to open a program in excel. But how do I minimixe it after opening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click the little 'minimize' button up in the upper right hand corner of the
window? Actually - you'll find 3 buttons the from right to left:
X = Close
big square = restore/maximize
underscore looking button = minimize.

I know how to open a program in excel. But how do I minimixe it after opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, you said you know how to open a "program" - define program, please: some
other application such as Word, Access, Outlook, etc. or do you mean a
workbook, i.e., another .xls file.

If it's another workbook, then as soon as you open it, it becomes the
ActiveWorkbook and is in the Active window, so you can use
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized
right after opening the other workbook.

I know how to open a program in excel. But how do I minimixe it after opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I should have been more explicit. I'm talking about MicrosoftMail. When I
open it I
would like to minimize it to the system tray and then close it after my mail
has been sent.

"chrisnsmith" wrote:

I know how to open a program in excel. But how do I minimixe it after opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd probably need to see more of your code on how this is getting done. If
you're opening MicrosoftMail (a tool I don't use except to read usegroups)
within Excel, then somewhere you've got a reference to the instance of it and
should be able to use .Minimize and .Quit within your code to handle that,
although determining when it has finished sending your mail may be a bit
problematic.

I know how to open a program in excel. But how do I minimixe it after opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is what I use to open MicrosoftMail.

Sub openmail()
Application.ActivateMicrosoftApp xlMicrosoftMail
End Sub

I would like another macro to minimize the app on opening and close it after
the mail is sent.

I know how to open a program in excel. But how do I minimixe it after opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

chrisnsmith wrote:
This is what I use to open MicrosoftMail.

Sub openmail()
Application.ActivateMicrosoftApp xlMicrosoftMail
End Sub

I would like another macro to minimize the app on opening and close it after
the mail is sent.

Why bother with a macro? Use keyboard shortcuts.
Alt-Spacebar-N will minimize the app.
Alt-F4 will close the app.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's the way I'd go with it since he's just used Excel to open Microsoft
Mail and hasn't actually used it to create an object that he can control any
further within Excel.

"Bill Sharpe" wrote:

chrisnsmith wrote:
This is what I use to open MicrosoftMail.

Sub openmail()
Application.ActivateMicrosoftApp xlMicrosoftMail
End Sub

I would like another macro to minimize the app on opening and close it after
the mail is sent.

Why bother with a macro? Use keyboard shortcuts.
Alt-Spacebar-N will minimize the app.
Alt-F4 will close the app.

Bill

Minimize UserForm Howard31 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 17th 08 09:10 PM
Can't minimize the 'save' box rose anne Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 24th 07 03:36 AM
Minimize?? Doug Mc New Users to Excel 3 January 30th 06 09:03 PM
how do i minimize/maximize a workbook from vba? I want to minimize it durring processing to speed things up a bit Daniel Excel Worksheet Functions 2 July 9th 05 03:35 AM
Minimize the filesize Roland Bengtsson Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 23rd 05 01:29 PM