Roland Bengtsson

Default Minimize the filesize

Is there a way to minimize the filesize in Excel in document that had
been edited several times? In Word you can open a new document and cut
and paste everything from the old one. In Excel it is a bit more work
if there is many sheets. I guess it is the only way?
David

Roland Bengtsson wrote

In Excel it is a bit more work
if there is many sheets. I guess it is the only way?

What I do is select all sheets, right click a tab, and Copy to new workbook

--
David
keepITcool

David,

that wouldnt necessarily solve the problems.

most often these "growing pains" are caused by a dirty usedrange.
when copying sheets all the dirt is copied too.
morever you cant copy sheets if it contains strings 255 chars.

So Roland should go thru all sheets, press ctrl-end and see where he
ends up. if the "last cell" is unexpected.. then the used range is
dirty or confused by remaining formatting.

First clear all formatting from after the last real data cell nad the
end of the sheet...up to IV resp 65536
(by column and row), then delete the columns/rows between
the real data and excel's last cell.

Then save and reload the workbook.
If it has worked.. fine. If not.. then more work is required.

Please google on the subject of last cell damaged usedrange or start
he
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm

--
keepITcool