Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting by Sub-Totals

I have a list of customers and items sold with qty's, sales dollars, etc. I
have subtotaled by customer. How can I sort the subtotals(which is the
sales) and have all the pertinent information get sorted along with the sub
totals.
--
carely
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume you have used Data - Subtotals to insert your subtotals? if that is
the case then you are better off to remove those subtotals and create a pivot
table instead. A pivot table will allow you to sort by the subtotaled
amounts. There is no easy way to do that with subtotals.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"carley brown" wrote:

I have a list of customers and items sold with qty's, sales dollars, etc. I
have subtotaled by customer. How can I sort the subtotals(which is the
sales) and have all the pertinent information get sorted along with the sub
totals.
--
carely

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create a separate list of the subtotals and sort that...
1. Use the outline/grouping buttons and display just the subtotals.
2. Use Edit | Go To | Special (button) and select the Visible cells.
3. Copy the data and paste on another sheet.
4. Sort the data
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA