Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting Existing Totals Into A New & Separate Column

I have one row of 12 columns (names), and one column of 12 rows (months). At
the bottom of each column are the accumulated totals for each name. I want
to have a list of the names and their totals to the side of this and sort
them in order of highest sales to lowest sales. eg:

2008 SALES
Top Sales Person
Maya Jack Ann Bill
Bill 1,600.00
jan 200.00 300.00 300.00 700.00 Ann
1,000.00
feb 100.00 300.00 200.00 500.00 Maya
900.00
mar 600.00 200.00 500.00 400.00 Jack
800.00
Total 900.00 800.00 1,000.00 1,600.00

I tried copying the sum function of the totals in the SALES 2008 and pasting
them in the Top Sales Person columns. It worked fine, except when I try to
use to sort function to put the highest grossing sales person on top, it
won't work. It might show one of the sales persons totals, but it makes
everyone else a $0.00.

I am not proficient in Excel as you can see, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Julie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.mrexcel.com/tip093.shtml

http://www.contextures.com/xlSort01.html