Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Applying range names to existing formulas in separate worksheets

I have a complex workbook, developed by someone else, that has many tabs.
Many of these tabs pull data from one or two input worksheets. I am naming
the tables of data on the input sheets automatically using the
insert/name/create/(using row and column headers for names). I then used
insert/name/apply to apply these new names. When I do this, formulas on the
same tab pick up the new names, but formulas in other tabs do not. If I type
in a new formula on those other tabs using the new range names, however, it
works. So I know the names are being recognized in those tabs, but they are
not replacing the cell references in formulas in those tabs. If I can find a
way to make this work, it will save me a lot of grief. What am I doing
wrong?? Thanks in advance for any help.