Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lock Hyperlink to cell in different sheet

HI.

I want to create a link from one cell to another cell in a different sheet
but same workbook. But how can I get the link to follow when adding rows in
the linked to sheet?
Ie. Cell A5 in sheet1 has a link to cell B7 in sheet2.
If I add 2 rows to sheet2 so my previous cell B7 is now B9. I want the link
now to go to B9 in sheet2.
Is this possible, and if so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Define a name for B7 and link to that name!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Regina€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

HI.

I want to create a link from one cell to another cell in a different sheet
but same workbook. But how can I get the link to follow when adding rows in
the linked to sheet?
Ie. Cell A5 in sheet1 has a link to cell B7 in sheet2.
If I add 2 rows to sheet2 so my previous cell B7 is now B9. I want the link
now to go to B9 in sheet2.
Is this possible, and if so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Presuming the focus is on hyperlinks (not simple link formulas),
as per your subject line

For the initial hyperlink to Sheet2's B7, try:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDIRECT("'Sheet2'!B "&ROW(Sheet2!B7))),"MyLink")

Tested here, works ok with the stated row insertions. Insert 2 rows in
Sheet2 above row 7, the hyperlink above will adjust & jump to B9 in Sheet2

High-five? Click YES below.
--
Max
Singapore
"Regina" wrote:
I want to create a link from one cell to another cell in a different sheet
but same workbook. But how can I get the link to follow when adding rows in
the linked to sheet?
Ie. Cell A5 in sheet1 has a link to cell B7 in sheet2.
If I add 2 rows to sheet2 so my previous cell B7 is now B9. I want the link
now to go to B9 in sheet2.
Is this possible, and if so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Regina" wrote:
Hmm, I get an error inserting the formula.
Should "address" be replaced by something?

Earlier was overkill. Copy n paste (don't re-type) this simpler one:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",Sheet2!B7),"MyLink")
Should work. But the OP wasn't looking for this expression.
Its better to start new threads if you have queries of your own.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:23,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline