Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 Pivot Table in Excel 2007

We are transitioning from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and doing it in
sections. However during this transition time and in the future when certain
documents are brought back to life, we have an issue with Excel 2003
documents in Excel 2007.

We've come across a couple Pivot Tables that work as expected in 2003, but
once opened in 2007 they don't appear at all.

We've tried a few different methods of trying to get the file to up-convert
to 2007 and still work. I do realize that pivot tables have their own
versioning in the files but why would this prevent viewing on 2007?

My question is, what is the proper method for up-converting to 2007? Are
Pivot Tables known issues for this? Are there work arounds?

Thank you for your time.

Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It should work without issue What are you experiencing? Is it difficult to
rebuild the PT from scratch if you need to (and yes, you shouldn't need to!)
Does the PT exist on its own sheet or on the same sheet as the source data?
Is it from an external source?

"Kirk" wrote in message
We are transitioning from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and doing it in
sections. However during this transition time and in the future when
certain
documents are brought back to life, we have an issue with Excel 2003
documents in Excel 2007.

We've come across a couple Pivot Tables that work as expected in 2003, but
once opened in 2007 they don't appear at all.

We've tried a few different methods of trying to get the file to
up-convert
to 2007 and still work. I do realize that pivot tables have their own
versioning in the files but why would this prevent viewing on 2007?

My question is, what is the proper method for up-converting to 2007? Are
Pivot Tables known issues for this? Are there work arounds?

Thank you for your time.

Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, as I investigated your questions, I stumbled across how to do this.

What I was looking for was under the "Analyze" tab and "PivotChart Filter."

This is where the dropdowns went to. Sorry for the noise, just a bit of
confusion.

Kirk

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

It should work without issue What are you experiencing? Is it difficult to
rebuild the PT from scratch if you need to (and yes, you shouldn't need to!)
Does the PT exist on its own sheet or on the same sheet as the source data?
Is it from an external source?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J. J. is offline

Hi Kirk,
Is it possible to elaborate on your "....Analyze tab.....Filter." solution?
I have the same problem and cannot find the "Analyze" tab .

Appreciate any help...

tks J.