Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Excel 2003 & Excel 2007

Hi All,

I am using Excel 2007.

I have the following fields in the column.

Emp ID
Name
Supervisor
Quantity
Amount

I want to create a pivot table in which I want the data in the
following format.

Supervisor Name Emp ID Amount
Heera Komal 111 30
Heera Mike 112 40
Heera Tony 113 50

The important thing is I want Supervisor, Name & Emp ID in all the
rows.

This is not posiable in Excel 2003 is it posiable in excel 2007.

Regards

Heera
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There's no change in that feature in Excel 2007 pivot tables. The
headings will appear only once, not repeated in each row.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

It is possible in 2003 and 2007 - but you need to think outside the box!

1. Put the Supervior, Name and Emp ID in the Row Labels area (not the Column
Labels area).
2. Put the Amount in the Values area
3. Choose PivotTable Tools, Design, Report Layout, Show in Tabular Form
4. Right-click the Supervisor field and choose Field Settings, Subtotals -
None
5. Repeat step 4 for the Name field.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Heera" wrote:

Hi All,

I am using Excel 2007.

I have the following fields in the column.

Emp ID
Name
Supervisor
Quantity
Amount

I want to create a pivot table in which I want the data in the
following format.

Supervisor Name Emp ID Amount
Heera Komal 111 30
Heera Mike 112 40
Heera Tony 113 50

The important thing is I want Supervisor, Name & Emp ID in all the
rows.

This is not posiable in Excel 2003 is it posiable in excel 2007.

Regards

Heera

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,