Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert row in Master worksheet that auto inserts in other workshee

I've created a Master worksheet tab in a workbook. This workbook was created
to show the weekly itineraries (M-F) of everyone in our department. This is
a large group of people and there if often movement, with people moving into
and out of the department frequently. Consequently, the names change often.
The Master tab lists the names of everyone in the department. All the other
tabs are on a weekly basis, with the names of the employees linked to the
Master tab. The idea was that when a name changed in the dept., to make the
change on the master tab and it would automatically update each of the weekly
tabs. This works if I'm typing over a name in the master, but I can't get it
to work if I insert a row in the master tab to add a name. The row isn't
inserted on the other tabs. Can you tell me how to insert a row on the
master tab that carries over to all the other tabs? Thanks for any
help/advice you can give me!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Group the sheets by selecting the first sheet then pressing shift and
select the last sheet the sheets are now grouped and you can insert a
row to all the sheets at once,
be sure to ungroup the sheets again by right clicking on a sheets tab
and selecting "Ungroup sheets"
You can also select different sheets by pressing the Ctrl key and
selecting different sheets

--
Stringer
Stringer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=117

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert row in Master worksheet that auto inserts in other work

Thanks! That helped....the rows have been added to each of the sheets. One
additional question for you.....each row in all the sheets was linked to the
same row number in the Master sheet (so when I typed a name in the Master
sheet, it carried over to the same row in all the weekly sheets in this
workbook). Problem is, when I insert the new row as you suggested, that
formula linking that row to the same new row in the Master sheet doesn't have
the formula. I have to copy down the formula on each of the sheets so when I
type the name in the Master sheet, it automatically copies to the other
sheets. I'd really like to add the row and somehow have that forumula
automatically copied to the new row at the same time if there's a way. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks, again!
"Stringer" wrote:

Group the sheets by selecting the first sheet then pressing shift and
select the last sheet the sheets are now grouped and you can insert a
row to all the sheets at once,
be sure to ungroup the sheets again by right clicking on a sheets tab
and selecting "Ungroup sheets"
You can also select different sheets by pressing the Ctrl key and
selecting different sheets

--
Stringer
Stringer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=117
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=65022

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that worked great! One final question ... each row on each sheet is
linked back to the same row in the master worksheet. When I type the name of
an employee on any row in the Master, it is automatically carried into the
same row of all the sheets in this workbook. The formula didn't carry over
to the new row that was added. Is there a way to add the new rows to each
sheet simultaneously that also copies down the formula at the same time?
Otherwise, I will still have to go into each sheet and copy the formula down
into the new row before I add the new name to the Master sheet. Thanks for
the help!