Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TD_Anne

Default How do I insert a comment in unlocked cell of a protected workshee

I have created timecards for our employees which have protected formula cells
for daily and period totals. The rest of the cells are unlocked and
emploiyees used to insert comments to remind themselves and/or inform
accounting as to what they worked on. We are now using 2003 and the comment
option is unavailable. How can I make it available again? This is an
important tool for us.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

TD_Anne

When protecting the sheet, check the box at "Edit Objects" and you can insert
comments into unlocked cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:02:06 -0800, "TD_Anne"
wrote:

I have created timecards for our employees which have protected formula cells
for daily and period totals. The rest of the cells are unlocked and
emploiyees used to insert comments to remind themselves and/or inform
accounting as to what they worked on. We are now using 2003 and the comment
option is unavailable. How can I make it available again? This is an
important tool for us.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TD_Anne

Default How do I insert a comment in unlocked cell of a protected work

YES!!!!!! It worked. Thank you. I never thought of a cell in the worksheet
as an "object" so didn't think to try that.