DME

Default Protected Cell

I have an input sheet that user input data and it calculates a sales price.
I have locked the worksheet and uprotected the cells where the user needs to
input information. My question, is there a way that makes it only possible
for the user to have access to the unlocked cells. In other words, when the
user inputs info into a certain cell, the cursors jumps to the next unlocked
cell. Basically I just want to give them access to the unlocked cells.

Paul B

DME, you can tab between the unlocked cells, if you want to have the cursors
jump automatically you will need a macro, something like this
right click on the sheet tab and view code, paste this in the window that
opens, change to the cells you need

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("B6").Select

If Target.Address = "$B$6" Then Range("C1").Select

If Target.Address = "$C$1" Then Range("A1").Select

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"DME" <craigjoseathotmaildotcom wrote in message
I have an input sheet that user input data and it calculates a sales price.
I have locked the worksheet and uprotected the cells where the user needs
input information. My question, is there a way that makes it only
possible
for the user to have access to the unlocked cells. In other words, when
the
user inputs info into a certain cell, the cursors jumps to the next
unlocked
cell. Basically I just want to give them access to the unlocked cells.

Tracy B

Perhaps this will help, I was in help and found:
Give specific users access to protected ranges

You must have Windows 2000 to give specific users access to ranges.

On the Tools menu, point to Protection, and then click Allow Users to Edit
Ranges. (This command is available only when the worksheet is not protected.)

Click New.

In the Title box, type a title for the range you're granting access to.

In the Refers to cells box, type an equal sign (=), and then type a
reference or select the range.

In the Range password box, type a password to access the range.

The password is optional; if you don't supply a password, any user will be
able to edit the cells.

Click Permissions, and then click Add.

Locate and select the users to whom you want to grant access. If you want to
select multiple users, hold down CTRL while you click the names.

Click OK twice, and if prompted retype the password.

Repeat the previous steps for each range for which you're granting access.

To retain a separate record of the ranges and users, select the Paste
permissions information into a new workbook check box in the Allow Users to
Edit Ranges dialog box.

Protect the worksheet: Click Protect Sheet in the Allow Users to Edit Ranges
dialog box.

In the Protect Sheet dialog box, make sure the Protect worksheet and
contents of locked cells check box is selected, type a password for the
worksheet, click OK, and retype the password to confirm.

Note A sheet password is required to prevent other users from being able
to edit your designated ranges. Make sure you choose a password you can
remember, because if you lose the password, you cannot gain access to the
protected elements on the worksheet.

"DME" wrote:

I have an input sheet that user input data and it calculates a sales price.
I have locked the worksheet and uprotected the cells where the user needs to
input information. My question, is there a way that makes it only possible
for the user to have access to the unlocked cells. In other words, when the
user inputs info into a certain cell, the cursors jumps to the next unlocked
cell. Basically I just want to give them access to the unlocked cells.

Gord Dibben

That feature started with Excel 2002.

For methods of Tabbing to cells see Bob Phillips' site.

The event code provided by Paul is also handy.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP