Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Insert select button on excel worksheet to auto transfer data.

I would like to be able to click on a cell to automatically transfer data
from one cell to another. Maybe set up a Select Button?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say data is in A1 and we want the data transferred to Z100, but only on a
button click. Put any piece of ClipArt or AutoShape on the worksheet
somewhat near A1. Then enter the following macro in a standard module:

Sub MoveData()
Range("A1").Copy Range("Z100")
End Sub

Finally right-click on the ClipArt and select Assign Macro...
and pick MoveData.

Anytime you click on the picture the value will be transferred from A1 to Z100
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200815

"Gryndar" wrote:

I would like to be able to click on a cell to automatically transfer data
from one cell to another. Maybe set up a Select Button?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have never used Macros before and I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

I recorded a macro as "Move Data" with:

Sub MoveData()
Range("E7").Copy Range("F6")
End Sub

And then I assigned the picture to "Move Data" but it retrieves data from a
different Sheet and Location when I click on it. The cell shows
=Players!D3 as the formula but will not allow editing of the formula in
the formula bar to correct the location.

Help,
Gryndar