Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Save button, Auto refresh, and cell transfer

I am designing a workbook which will be posted on a LAN. The server holds
the master copy updated by each person daily. This is to track the schedules
of 30 -40 workers. When they step away, then enter that in a box or click a
checkbox. The front page kicks out to the front desk of the office, for the
secretary to know that they are away. There is also a section to post notes
with a workbook page for each worker. I need to figure out a way to do
several things.

1. I need the page used by the secretary to automatically refresh itself
every 5 or 10 minuetes. Because of security reasons I cannot download. I
must form a macro myself. Can this be done?

2. I need to create a save button to on a protected sheet. I don't want
anyone to accidentally save this sheet. It has some long term information on
it, but most things need reset at the end of the night, so I was going to
incorportate a clear of most boxes and a save for some others into the same
button. Can you protect a button, if so, how?

3. Also, I am setting a conditional formating to flag the front page, for
the secretary when new information has been added to cells elsewhere in the
workbook, using an IF Then statement. This is working, but any suggestions
of how to make this workbook smoother and more user friendly are welcome.