Dave O.

Default help with excel cell formatting

In F5 i have the formula SUM(D5*E5) the cell is formatted for currency. When
i drag my formula it creates in every cell $0.00 this is affecting my
average at the bottom. How do i keep the formula but loose the $0.00?
Thank you for your help!

If you leave the column of data as it is you can use a modified average
function to ignore the Zero values

=AVERAGE(IF(F5:F50<0,F5:F50,""))

note it is array entered - Ctrl Shift Enter

a cleaner result IMHO

RES