Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Interresting Question

I thought this an odd, but interresting question. Is there a way to change
the color of the border around the selected cell? When you click on a cell
it is outlined in black to show you that it is the selected cell. Can you
change the black to red or some other color?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not really. this is sort of hard coded into excel. but the border does
change color depending on the background color of the cell. see for your
self. set the color of any cell to red then select it. the black boarder is
now a light blue. the border does stay black for some colors but for many of
the excel color, the border color changes to other colors.. all this is hard
coded into excel also.

regards
FSt1

"Ripper" wrote:

I thought this an odd, but interresting question. Is there a way to change
the color of the border around the selected cell? When you click on a cell
it is outlined in black to show you that it is the selected cell. Can you
change the black to red or some other color?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look at Chip Pearson's RowLiner addin, described he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

You can adjust the thickness of the lines around the active cell as
well.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 3, 9:52*pm, Ripper wrote:
I thought this an odd, but interresting question. *Is there a way to change
the color of the border around the selected cell? *When you click on a cell
it is outlined in black to show you that it is the selected cell. *Can you
change the black to red or some other color?
--
Thanks As Always
Rip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perfect. A secretary in my office has a hard time on big spreadsheets. This
is perfect!
--
Thanks As Always
Rip