Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Question

I am looking for a formula in ColC that will return TRUE is the right
character in COLA is 0 (zero).

ColA ColC
123 FALSE
120 TRUE

Thank You in Advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=RIGHT(A1,1)="0"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200784
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, but the OP should be warned that it wouldn't give TRUE if A1 contained
the number 123 *formatted* to look like 123.00; in that case the right-hand
character of the number in A1 is not zero.
--
David Biddulph

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
=RIGHT(A1,1)="0"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200784

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes David, that is exactly the point of my formula:

if A1 is 123 then
=RIGHT(A1,1)="0"
will return FALSE,even if A1 has been formatted to display 123.000
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200784