Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel / Outlook odd interaction

I have Office 2007 running on XP.

This morning, I received, in email, an excel document to print. I couldn't
seem to print it from Outlook 2007, so I saved it to my desktop and opened
the document from there.

While in Print Preview (and also Page Break), I tried to return to the email
to check how many copies to print. I couldn't do it. Outlook, and the still
open, but minimized email, did not so much as acknowledge my desperate
clicks. When I returned to normal view in excel, I could access the
email.

When I closed Outlook and reopened it, I could access the message while in
Excel Print Preview.

I was unable to replicate the problem for my tech support.
Is this a known problem?