Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default REMOVING FORMULAS

I have a regular daily exercise to submit a report without any formula and
therefore have to copy all the data and paste special values of the same.
Any shortcut to break such links/formulas in a single snap for:
1. The active sheet only? and
2. The whole workbook?
--
Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could put these macros in your Personal.xls workbook (or any workbook
that you could open along with the workbook to be altered) and set up
shortcuts to them:

Sub FormulaToValue1Sheet()
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Copy
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Sub FormulaToValueAllSheets()
Dim anySheet As Worksheet
For Each anySheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
anySheet.UsedRange.Copy
anySheet.UsedRange.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Next
End Sub

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote:

I have a regular daily exercise to submit a report without any formula and
therefore have to copy all the data and paste special values of the same.
Any shortcut to break such links/formulas in a single snap for:
1. The active sheet only? and
2. The whole workbook?
--
Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there,
a quick way of breaking the links is by doing the following and the values
only are left:
in 2003 Click Edit, Links then Break Links.
or in 2007 click Data, Connections, Edit Links, Break Link

Hope this helps. The only way I know to replace formulas however is what
you are doing but somebody else here may have a better way.

Rgds,
Teddy