Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DJS DJS is offline

Default Protection

Hey I have a workbook that I need to have locked but not completely. I need
to lock the formulas but I need different persons to have access to different
sheets within the workbook. I also need those persons to be able to add their
comments for their respective areas and save it. So, although the workbook is
protected I need them to be able to edit certain cells. Lastly, I need to
make it so that multiply person can view the workbook at the same time and if
needs be edit their sheet and be able to save it.

Is all that possible? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On the cells you want them to be able to edit you can right click, go to
protection and uncheck locked. then when you protect the sheet all the cells
will be locked except the ones you unchecked.

To share it among mutiple users you can click on tools, share workbook and
click on edititng and click on allow changes by more than one user at the
same time.

You will then need to protect the workbook or worksheet.

Hope this helps

"djs" wrote:

Hey I have a workbook that I need to have locked but not completely. I need
to lock the formulas but I need different persons to have access to different
sheets within the workbook. I also need those persons to be able to add their
comments for their respective areas and save it. So, although the workbook is
protected I need them to be able to edit certain cells. Lastly, I need to
make it so that multiply person can view the workbook at the same time and if
needs be edit their sheet and be able to save it.

Is all that possible? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DJS DJS is offline

Thanks alot.

Will let you know how it work out for me.