Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default static date and time

Hello
I have a worksheet and on cell H51 is a dropdown list with the names of the
employees.
Once the employee selects his/her name from the list I need the date and
time (static) to populate in cell J51. thank you so much in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area:

Set t = Target
Set h = Range("H51")
Set j = Range("J51")
If Intersect(t, h) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If h.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
j.Value = Now
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello
I have a worksheet and on cell H51 is a dropdown list with the names of the
employees.
Once the employee selects his/her name from the list I need the date and
time (static) to populate in cell J51. thank you so much in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("H51")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Offset(0, 2).Value = Format(Now, ""dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit: