Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default filtering question....

Hi and thanx for your help...

I have column A which is 66 cells with a =if statments relating back to 36
different sheets(6 .xls files with 6 sheets in each. I need to figure out
how to get the Lots(from the 6 other sheets) to auto fill in on another sheet
into 24 cells. Without multiple lots and able to update.
A B
123 123
345 345
567 567
123
345

I also have the amounts used of each lot pulling off those other sheets by
using a Vlookup of the lot used then Sumif to total up the amount used of
each Lot from each of the 36 sheets.

I wastold to use this but it pulls the formulas over not what shows

go to data | filter | advance filter | choose copy to another location
| List range = $A:$A | copy to : $C$1 | check unque records only | ok

Any Ideas????????????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I couldn't replicate this using xl2003 and data|advanced filter.

I tried formatting the copy-to range as text and it didn't matter.

I'd try it again if I were you.

But there are other ways to accomplish this.

It sounds like you could use a pivottable to get a nice summary report.

If you want to read more about pivottables...

Here are a few links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

--