Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filtering question

I want to filter on only a small part of the text in a column. As an example
I want to filter on €œCT€. When I use an auto filter and do contains €œCT€, I
get unwanted items. I want CTL BR CARROT CT F but I dont want CTL BR CARROT
WH F or CTL BR CARROT CHIP F. I need to be able to put spaces before and
after the €œCT€. Does anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can type in whatever you want in the custom filtering, you don't need to
select from the dropdown.

Peo Sjoblom

"brierrose" wrote in message
I want to filter on only a small part of the text in a column. As an
example
I want to filter on "CT". When I use an auto filter and do contains "CT",
get unwanted items. I want CTL BR CARROT CT F but I don't want CTL BR
CARROT
WH F or CTL BR CARROT CHIP F. I need to be able to put spaces before and
after the "CT". Does anyone have any ideas?