Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default filtering question

I am writing meeting minutes using excel and I want to filter the data when
needed. for example

A B C
Date Meeting Notes
9-4-08 weekly update Write meeting minutes
e-mail meeting minutes
archive meeting minutes

9-11-08 weekly update write minutes
e-mail minutes
archive minutes

I want to be able to sort by date (or by meeting for other types of
meetings), and still be able to still see all my rows from that date, not
just the first row which only tells me my first note from the meeting by
using the autofilter function. any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will have to fill in the blanks with data above in order to keep it all
together.

Select columns A and B.

F5SpecialBlanksOK

In active blank cell type an = sogn then point or arrow up to the cell
above.

Hit CTRL + ENTER to fill in the blanks.

Copy and in place paste specialvaluesokesc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:58:01 -0700, dwake
wrote:

I am writing meeting minutes using excel and I want to filter the data when
needed. for example

A B C
Date Meeting Notes
9-4-08 weekly update Write meeting minutes
e-mail meeting minutes
archive meeting minutes

9-11-08 weekly update write minutes
e-mail minutes
archive minutes

I want to be able to sort by date (or by meeting for other types of
meetings), and still be able to still see all my rows from that date, not
just the first row which only tells me my first note from the meeting by
using the autofilter function. any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Alternate approach:
in D2: =IF(A2="",D1,A2)
fill this down, sort/filter by column D
Then clear D if need be...

Bob Umlas

"dwake" wrote in message
I am writing meeting minutes using excel and I want to filter the data when
needed. for example

A B C
Date Meeting Notes