Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using text answer in a combo box in an @IF statement elsewhere

I learned to make a combo box from another thread. Thank you! I reference
the text answer in the box in an @IF statement in another cell but it does
not "read" the answer and calculate accordingly. I am trying to say "if the
answer is "yes", then multiply the value in one cell by the value in another;
if the answer is "no", then multiply the value in the one cell by a different
cell.
@IF(c13="Yes",g13*h13,g13*i13). Before I made the combo box, and just had
data validation, it worked and recognized the text. I wanted the combo box
so people would know they needed to select one of two answers. Does anyone
know what I need to do to make it work? Thank you.
--
Gord