Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Giz Giz is offline

Default fill reference to cells in a row down a column

On one worksheet, I am trying to reference cell A2 in table1 in cell A20 on
table 2 . I want to fill the table 2 down to cell A29, however I am
referencing data that is in just one row table 1, i.e. the data is in cells
A1, B1, C1, D1, etc on to J1. I don't want to just copy and paste/transpose
the data from table 1 to table 2 because I want to maintain the references. I
could just take table 1 and transpose it, than create the references, but
prefer not to. Any ideas? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=OFFSET('Table1'!$A$1,0,ROW(A1)-1)

Copying this down will move the reference horizontally.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Giz" wrote:

On one worksheet, I am trying to reference cell A2 in table1 in cell A20 on
table 2 . I want to fill the table 2 down to cell A29, however I am
referencing data that is in just one row table 1, i.e. the data is in cells
A1, B1, C1, D1, etc on to J1. I don't want to just copy and paste/transpose
the data from table 1 to table 2 because I want to maintain the references. I
could just take table 1 and transpose it, than create the references, but
prefer not to. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand what you want...

In cell A20:

=INDEX(A$1:J$1,ROWS(A$20:A20))

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Giz" wrote in message
On one worksheet, I am trying to reference cell A2 in table1 in cell A20
on
table 2 . I want to fill the table 2 down to cell A29, however I am
referencing data that is in just one row table 1, i.e. the data is in
cells
A1, B1, C1, D1, etc on to J1. I don't want to just copy and
paste/transpose
the data from table 1 to table 2 because I want to maintain the
references. I
could just take table 1 and transpose it, than create the references, but
prefer not to. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know where A2 comes into play but to fill A1:J1 down to A20:A29
enter this in A20 and copy down to A29

=INDEX($1:$1,ROWS($1:1))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP