Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default opening excel spreadsheet but it didnt save my last work

I worked on a spreadsheet and ctrl + S several times throughout and then at
the end did it again and clicked on the lcross to close the document and it
didnt ask me to resave.

Now I cannot find the amended document and it is in its original form.

Please help. Does ctrl +S not work in excel? Where can I find my document`?

Thanks in advance.

ValP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First see if it is in the last used list under menu Files. Usually the lastt
5 files are saved. If not try the default location in your worksheet under
menu

Tools - Options - General

"ValP" wrote:

I worked on a spreadsheet and ctrl + S several times throughout and then at
the end did it again and clicked on the lcross to close the document and it
didnt ask me to resave.

Now I cannot find the amended document and it is in its original form.

Please help. Does ctrl +S not work in excel? Where can I find my document`?

Thanks in advance.

ValP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have reached this general screen but not sure where my document would be
and how to recover it.

I'm faced with a setting box and not sure what to do next. I am a novice at
this.

I always make a point of'save as' but not in this case.

REgards

Valerie