-   -   opening excel spreadsheet but it didnt save my last work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217249-opening-excel-spreadsheet-but-didnt-save-my-last-work.html)

ValP

opening excel spreadsheet but it didnt save my last work

I worked on a spreadsheet and ctrl + S several times throughout and then at
the end did it again and clicked on the lcross to close the document and it
didnt ask me to resave.

Now I cannot find the amended document and it is in its original form.

Please help. Does ctrl +S not work in excel? Where can I find my document`?

Thanks in advance.

ValP

joel

opening excel spreadsheet but it didnt save my last work

First see if it is in the last used list under menu Files. Usually the lastt
5 files are saved. If not try the default location in your worksheet under
menu

Tools - Options - General

"ValP" wrote:

I worked on a spreadsheet and ctrl + S several times throughout and then at
the end did it again and clicked on the lcross to close the document and it
didnt ask me to resave.

Now I cannot find the amended document and it is in its original form.

Please help. Does ctrl +S not work in excel? Where can I find my document`?

Thanks in advance.

ValP

ValP

opening excel spreadsheet but it didnt save my last work

I have reached this general screen but not sure where my document would be
and how to recover it.

I'm faced with a setting box and not sure what to do next. I am a novice at
this.

I always make a point of'save as' but not in this case.

REgards

Valerie