Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving excel wipes all formatting

Hi All,

I have a real problem with excel. When I save Excel 2007and reopen it all
the formatting is deleted ? Formatting includes

Dates are now changed to general text ie. 04-Jan-09 changes to 39817
The border colour and format is deleted
The formatting of the text within a cell is deleted?

Has anyone else noticed or having this problem????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is the FILE TYPE used when you save a new file?
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Excel Issues" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a real problem with excel. When I save Excel 2007and reopen it all
the formatting is deleted ? Formatting includes

Dates are now changed to general text ie. 04-Jan-09 changes to 39817
The border colour and format is deleted
The formatting of the text within a cell is deleted?

Has anyone else noticed or having this problem????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmm, you might have better luck just saving them in 2007 format and letting
people with older software deal with with Microsoft's compatibility readers.
I use 2003 and have little (if any) trouble reading the 2007 files sent to me.

Something to consider. If you provide the sheet to people who don't have
2003 or better, print the document to a PDF and send it to them to "review".
If they complain, don't let them lay it at your feet to solve, they are the
ones on older software.

The only other thing I can think of is try creating the original document on
a computer with the oldest version of the software you're trying to be
compatible with...(97?). Then open/edit it in 2007 and save, see if you get
better results.