Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 XY Scatter Chart

Hi

In previous versions of Excel, if you had a XY scatter chart, you were able
to drag the data point on the chart to change the value in the cell that is
used for the data point.

I cannot seem to do this in Excel 2007. Can anyone tell me if there is an
option somewhere that can be turned on, or is this a excellent feature that
has been removed from Excel 2007?

Thanks for your help or responses!

Eddie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 16, 9:11*pm, Eddie Holder wrote:
Hi

In previous versions of Excel, if you had a XY scatter chart, you were able
to drag the data point on the chart to change the value in the cell that is
used for the data point.

I cannot seem to do this in Excel 2007. Can anyone tell me if there is an
option somewhere that can be turned on, or is this a excellent feature that
has been removed from Excel 2007?

Thanks for your help or responses!

Eddie

Hi

It seems to be unsuppoted in Excel 2007:

Check this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex....aspx#Charting
Look for "Direct manipulation of data points on charts"

But I am not going to miss this feature much though.

Regards,
Victor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, the feature has been removed. I didn't think I'd miss it, and I don't.
But a lot of people are upset that it's gone.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.