Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to find the formula inside #REF error

Hi ,
I have a formula which is refering to a another sheet as follows

=SUMIF('Sheet1'!G:G,A2,'Sheet1'!#REF!)

I want to know what is the formula written inside the #REF!

Is there any way I can find the formula inside the #REF

Thanks
MKJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The #Ref! error means that the range that the formula referred to has been
deleted.

I'd bet it used to point at a column that was deleted. Can you go back to a
previous version to see?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick reply. But I want to know what are the referenced
rows which were deleted or moved.

#REF error wrote:

Hi ,
I have a formula which is refering to a another sheet as follows

=SUMIF('Sheet1'!G:G,A2,'Sheet1'!#REF!)

I want to know what is the formula written inside the #REF!

Is there any way I can find the formula inside the #REF

Thanks
MKJ

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could look at headings to see what kind of data was being brought
back. If the header says "Customer ID", then look at the "sending" sheet and
see if there's still a column marked "customer id" (or close to it).