Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default find and replace inside comments?

I have a large range of cells that contain comments. I want to change the
word linear to exponential in all the comments. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi try this, it's case sensitive so you may need to play with the strings

Sub stitute()
For Each Comment In ActiveSheet.Comments
Comment.Text Text:=Replace(Comment.Text, "linear", "exponental")
Next
End Sub

Mike

"Knox" wrote:

I have a large range of cells that contain comments. I want to change the
word linear to exponential in all the comments. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Replace does have another argument that you can specify to make it
case-insensitive.

But that doesn't mean that the case of the replaced word would match the case of
the existing word, though.

--

Dave Peterson