-   -   find and replace inside comments? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/156613-find-replace-inside-comments.html)

Knox

find and replace inside comments?

I have a large range of cells that contain comments. I want to change the
word linear to exponential in all the comments. Is there a way to do this?

Mike H

find and replace inside comments?

Hi try this, it's case sensitive so you may need to play with the strings

Sub stitute()
For Each Comment In ActiveSheet.Comments
Comment.Text Text:=Replace(Comment.Text, "linear", "exponental")
Next
End Sub

Mike

"Knox" wrote:

I have a large range of cells that contain comments. I want to change the
word linear to exponential in all the comments. Is there a way to do this?

Knox

find and replace inside comments?

you are the man! thanx!

"Knox" wrote:

I have a large range of cells that contain comments. I want to change the
word linear to exponential in all the comments. Is there a way to do this?

Dave Peterson

find and replace inside comments?

Replace does have another argument that you can specify to make it
case-insensitive.

But that doesn't mean that the case of the replaced word would match the case of
the existing word, though.

--

Dave Peterson