Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to find the formula inside #REF error

Take a look at the previous version if you still have it.

If you don't, then you're out of luck. Excel doesn't keep track columns that
you delete.

#REF error wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick reply. But I want to know what are the referenced
rows which were deleted or moved.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

The #Ref! error means that the range that the formula referred to has been
deleted.

I'd bet it used to point at a column that was deleted. Can you go back to a
previous version to see?

#REF error wrote:

Hi ,
I have a formula which is refering to a another sheet as follows

=SUMIF('Sheet1'!G:G,A2,'Sheet1'!#REF!)

I want to know what is the formula written inside the #REF!

Is there any way I can find the formula inside the #REF

Thanks
MKJ

--

Dave Peterson