Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter based on list

I have a worksheet with about 500 rows, each has a "text" column with an
value in.
I have another worksheet with about 50 rows, each has a "text" column in
with a value.

How can I set the filter on the first worksheet to look up and only display
rowes based on the values in the 2nd worksheet?

Am I able to be this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sounds like you need a VLOOKUP.
=VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, col_index_num, range_lookup)
Example:
In Worksheet 1, Cell A1 contains the name John. and you need to return the
address of John that is stored in Worksheet 2 (column 1 contains the name,
and column 2 contains the address)
~Lookup_Value John (A1)
~Table_Array (Worksheet 2, columns 1 and 2 [highlight the entire column for
both])
~Col_index_num (2, because this is the physical location of the return value
from the array. If the name was in column 1 and the address was in column 3,
you would highlight all three columns, and set this number to 3)
~Range_lookup (False, generally because you want an exact match, otherwise
it will return the closest thing)
Remember to only perform a search for one cell at a time, you can't generate
the formula with a range as the lookup_value