Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Formatting Cells

I would like to change the format to show hours and minutes where the hours
are over 24. By going to the format list I see one that almost fits the bill
but not quite. [h]:00:00. Is there a way to put in my own formula which would
be [h]:00 as I don't want the seconds.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
you got it.
formatcellcustom tab.
in the custom box, i would use [hh]:mm

Regards
FSt1

"Sue" wrote:

I would like to change the format to show hours and minutes where the hours
are over 24. By going to the format list I see one that almost fits the bill
but not quite. [h]:00:00. Is there a way to put in my own formula which would
be [h]:00 as I don't want the seconds.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Which version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2003, your [h]:00:00 is not
a valid format and will not be accepted.
I think you wanted [h]:mm
--
David Biddulph

"Sue" wrote in message
I would like to change the format to show hours and minutes where the hours
are over 24. By going to the format list I see one that almost fits the
bill
but not quite. [h]:00:00. Is there a way to put in my own formula which
would
be [h]:00 as I don't want the seconds.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

I did it by using your suggestions but get seconds. I am using Excel 2002 so
maybe I only get the option of [h]:00:00 and not [h]:00.

"Sue" wrote:

I would like to change the format to show hours and minutes where the hours
are over 24. By going to the format list I see one that almost fits the bill
but not quite. [h]:00:00. Is there a way to put in my own formula which would
be [h]:00 as I don't want the seconds.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have replied to yourself, Sue, not to anyone else's suggestion, so it
isn't clear what you have tried.
My suggestion was to use [h]:mm. Have you tried that?
--
David Biddulph