Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prompt user to input data (pop-up box)

I've searched in Excel Help, online, and in this discussion group - perhaps
I'm wording my help question wrong - apologies if this is a silly question...

I want to prompt any person opening my excel document to input the date they
require - in a particular format - once they do this I want to use their data
to create a code. I can't for the life of me find where or how I can create
a pop-up box that a person can input data into. I know excel can do this
because I've seen spreadsheets that calculate your love rating, etc - where
you input data when prompted. Can anyone help?
PS: I did read the discussion thread "automatic pop-up message", but that
solution seems a little bit complicated for what I want...plus I don't want a
pop-up message - I want a pop-up field that people can type data into.
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Location: Bakersfield, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to JBeaucaire[_85_]

Give an example of the input you will ask for.

Then give an example of the code you will create from that input.

Then give the destination (sheet, cell) for this code.

This will most likely be a Worksheet_Open macro, so it will only work when
people enable macros as they open the sheet.
--
"Actually, I AM a rocket scientist." -- JB

"Shags" wrote:

I've searched in Excel Help, online, and in this discussion group - perhaps
I'm wording my help question wrong - apologies if this is a silly question...

I want to prompt any person opening my excel document to input the date they
require - in a particular format - once they do this I want to use their data
to create a code. I can't for the life of me find where or how I can create
a pop-up box that a person can input data into. I know excel can do this
because I've seen spreadsheets that calculate your love rating, etc - where
you input data when prompted. Can anyone help?
PS: I did read the discussion thread "automatic pop-up message", but that
solution seems a little bit complicated for what I want...plus I don't want a
pop-up message - I want a pop-up field that people can type data into.
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm so sorry to waste your time...

I've just worked out a 'work around' for this, it's not exactly what I
pictured in my mind initially, but it does the job. Thanx for your time.