Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mathematics: How to display numbers/characters with a line over th

Microsoft Excel 2007

Mathematic notation.

How can I display periodic or recurring numbers with an overline (this is a
CSS 2 capability)?

I need to enter/display periodic or recurring values with an overline (line
on top), such as recurring sequences of numbers or creating and extending the
bar of the square root symbol.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JamesOnTheWay wrote on Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:45:01 -0800:

Mathematic notation.

How can I display periodic or recurring numbers with an
overline (this is a CSS 2 capability)?

Let me post my notes since it's not my idea.

Excel Overline

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:39:00 -0500
From: Debra Dalgleish
In microsoft.public.excel.charting:67270

Before you type the character for which you want the overbar, change the
font to Symbol. To create the bar, type the ` character (accent grave,
may be above the Tab key) Then, stay in Symbol font (if thats what you
want), or switch to a different font, and type the character that has
the overbar.

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

James,

In some specific cases, inserting Equation Editor Object, after proper
formatting (font, size, frameless, position), will do the esthetic job.
--
Petr Bezucha

"James Silverton" wrote:

JamesOnTheWay wrote on Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:45:01 -0800:

Mathematic notation.

How can I display periodic or recurring numbers with an
overline (this is a CSS 2 capability)?

Let me post my notes since it's not my idea.

Excel Overline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Petr! I will give that a try, especially for roots of any power.

It certainly would be handy if Excel placed an overbar / overline over
periodic / repeating / recurring decimal sequences.

James