Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Display only n numbers of characters for long text?

Hi everyone, I would like to find out whether can the following be done?

A1 cell with the information: abcdefghijklmno

For cell B2, I would like only to see n=5 of characters in A1, which will be
abcde?

How to link these 2 cells so that cell B2 will only show me first 5
characters of the long text I keyed in?

Please help....
Thank you.
Best Regards...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Please read up on the LEFT() function in Excel's Help menu

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com