Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SueD

Default How do I display nonprintable characters

We are running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on 2 different PC's.
In a spreadsheet we have imported data from a text file.
The data has included some nonprintable characters which show up as squares
on my PC but as spaces on my colleagues.
We can use the CLEAN function to strip out the squares, but how do we get
them displayed as squares on the second PC, so that we know that they are
there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that
character(s) is:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

But the only squares that sometimes disappear for me correspond to chr(10)
(linefeed). With wraptext on, then the squares disappear, but the text wraps.

--

Dave Peterson