Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide Code

Hello,

I have a worksheet that has a list a user guides with a buttton next to each
one that when pressed, will pop up the user guide. However, even though I
have the worksheet protected for read only, you can still get in to view the
code and I want to hide that so no one can view it.

Also, I used VBA code behind the buttons so when I open the worksheet, why
does it ask me to enable macros?

Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Protect your code with a password to prevent viewing. In the VBA, select
Tools, Options, Protection tick the Lock Project for Viewing option box, and
enter a good password.

To automatically enable macro's, do one of two things. Lower you security
level (not advised) or digitally sign your macro with selfcert.exe. See
Using SelfCert to Create a Digital Certificate for VBA ...
support.microsoft.com/kb/217221. You can then set macro security to high,
and still run trusted macros.

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a worksheet that has a list a user guides with a buttton next to each
one that when pressed, will pop up the user guide. However, even though I
have the worksheet protected for read only, you can still get in to view the
code and I want to hide that so no one can view it.

Also, I used VBA code behind the buttons so when I open the worksheet, why
does it ask me to enable macros?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kassie,

Thank you for responding.

Ok, I get the first part but on the part of the macros, will it be ONLY on
my computer and anybody on our network who open the workbook that the macros
will automatically enable?

Also, will it apply to only this workbook or all my workbooks? If all, how
can I specify to just this workbook?

Thanks!!!!

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a worksheet that has a list a user guides with a buttton next to each
one that when pressed, will pop up the user guide. However, even though I
have the worksheet protected for read only, you can still get in to view the
code and I want to hide that so no one can view it.

Also, I used VBA code behind the buttons so when I open the worksheet, why
does it ask me to enable macros?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, if on a network, do as your network administrator decides! It depends on
your network policy , but yes, you can apply it throughout the network, if
allowed, and on just one, or all your macro driven workbooks. Key to auto
enabling is the signature, so, with macro security on high, signed macros
from trusted sources will run, others - unsigned or not signed by trusted
sources - will not run. Again, take this up with your NA. He/she will not
be chuffed if you act unilaterally!

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman