Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default FORMATTING CELLS

I'm trying to figure out how to leave a cell with a function blank if the
returned value is 0
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't leave the cell empty if it's 0, but you could hide it with formatting
or change the formula so the cell looks empty.

=if(yourformula=0,"",yourformula)

or

Format|conditional formatting
cell value is equal to 0
and give it the same font color as fill color (white on white)

Or

Format|cells|number tab|custom category:
0;-0;;@

Positive;negative;0;text
is what each of those element represents.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Like this: