Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting Cells

Spreadsheet with one column having reference numbers as either whole
number or as two numbers divided by slash. How can you get both
options to right align?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Highlight the column, then right-click FormatCells AlignmentTab in the
Horizontal window, choose RIGHT ok

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

Spreadsheet with one column having reference numbers as either whole
number or as two numbers divided by slash. How can you get both
options to right align?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Should have mentioned Excel 2000.

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry Cornell wrote:
Spreadsheet with one column having reference numbers as either whole
number or as two numbers divided by slash. How can you get both
options to right align?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CLR

Thanks but that only corrects those cells not conforming. I am looking
for a solution where that becomes unnecessary?.

The same problem also arise with alphanumeric reference numbers.

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

Spreadsheet with one column having reference numbers as either
whole
number or as two numbers divided by slash. How can you get both
options to right align?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Hi Gerry...........

As long as you pre-format the empty cells as I've suggested, the entry of
new values will also be right-aligned. Please describe what you've tried and
how it is acting differently than what I've described........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

Spreadsheet with one column having reference numbers as either
whole
number or as two numbers divided by slash. How can you get both
options to right align?

TIA

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CLR

I tested what you suggested and it worked. Thank you.

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

CLR

Thanks but that only corrects those cells not conforming. I am
looking for a solution where that becomes unnecessary?.

The same problem also arise with alphanumeric reference numbers.

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Happy to help Gerry............thanks for the feedback............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3