Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleting columns

I have range say c150:x200. Row 150 contains names, and the lower rows, data.
How do I delete the columns in the range without data (deleting also the
name). The deletion is to apply to the range not the whole spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Depending on how your data is layed out this could be a real problem, but
lets assume that when all columns that are blank are blank in all the cells
in the column except the name at the top.

1. Select all the data 150x200
2. Press F5, Special, Blanks, OK
3. Press Ctrl+- (control minus) and choose Shift cells left.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Barry Lennox" wrote:

I have range say c150:x200. Row 150 contains names, and the lower rows, data.
How do I delete the columns in the range without data (deleting also the
name). The deletion is to apply to the range not the whole spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane

Thanks, but because of the information in row 150 the whole column is not
blank. I need the data in that row to relate to what is in the column below
it.
I could move it all to another sheet and delete the whole column, but I am
wondering if it can be done without this.
Barry

"Barry Lennox" wrote:

I have range say c150:x200. Row 150 contains names, and the lower rows, data.
How do I delete the columns in the range without data (deleting also the
name). The deletion is to apply to the range not the whole spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like creating a DataList for C150:X200 may work.

You can delete rows and columns within a List without affecting rows and
columns outside the List.

You need 2003 or 2007 to create a List. Earlier versions don't have this
feature.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP