Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dramajuana

Default Deleting unused columns

Is there a way to get rid of unused columns? It automatically gives me
columns A-L, and I really only need up to H usually. Deleting these columns
makes them appear again (it's MAGIC!), and making them hidden just makes it
look like letters are skipped.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

What you've already done is all that can be done.

You can't delete columns/rows in the sense that they are removed from the
sheet.

You can hide from column I to IV and those columns will just appear as an
empty gray space.

Biff

"dramajuana" wrote in message
Is there a way to get rid of unused columns? It automatically gives me
columns A-L, and I really only need up to H usually. Deleting these
columns
makes them appear again (it's MAGIC!), and making them hidden just makes
it
look like letters are skipped.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

An Excel worksheet has 256 columns(more in 2007 version)

You can cannot delete these columns. You can hide them or give them a
background color so it appears they are not there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP