Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Transposing

I cant seem to transpose a column from the original worksheet to a new
worksheet without recieving a message that states that the area into which I
would to like to transpose is not the same size and shape. Where am I going
wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you aren't selecting more than 256 rows of data (there's only 256
columns in XL, unless you specify more in XL 2007). Or, if you start your
paste to the right of column A, then you would need to select even fewer
rows. Also, when you go to paste special, don't have an area selected, just
click a single cell.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Brian86" wrote:

I cant seem to transpose a column from the original worksheet to a new
worksheet without recieving a message that states that the area into which I
would to like to transpose is not the same size and shape. Where am I going
wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot replicate this - I seem to be able to specify any target area.
Suggest you try by just clicking the one cell where you want the first entry
to be on the target worksheet, then use Paste Special/transpose
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP