Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default need help with transposing

Hi All,

I need help with transposigng rows into columns.

here is what i have
colA ColB
aaa 11
aaa 22
aaa 33
aaa 44
bbb 55
bbb 66
bbb 77
ccc 88
ccc 99

And this is what I need after transposing.

aa 11 22 33 44
bbb 55 66 66
ccc 88 99

Is there a way to do this using transposing?

Or by using Pivot tables?

Please let me know
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert a column to the LEFT of your data.
Thus what was your ColA is now in column B.
Put a header on the new column of "Col_Lbls".

In cell A2, assuming the row of "aaa" and 11 is in row 2,
enter the formula:

=If(Exact(B1,B2),A1+1,1)

Copy the formula down as many rows as necessary.

Now, using your data and this new column,
create a Pivot Table on a new worksheet.

In the Row Labels put ColA.
In the Column Labels put Col_Lbls (the new column).
In the Values put ColB.

This should provide you with what you were requesting.

Good Luck.
" wrote:

Hi All,

I need help with transposigng rows into columns.

here is what i have
colA ColB
aaa 11
aaa 22
aaa 33
aaa 44
bbb 55
bbb 66
bbb 77
ccc 88
ccc 99

And this is what I need after transposing.

aa 11 22 33 44
bbb 55 66 66
ccc 88 99

Is there a way to do this using transposing?

Or by using Pivot tables?

Please let me know

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

" wrote:
Hi All,

I need help with transposigng rows into columns.

here is what i have
colA ColB
aaa * * * *11
aaa * * * *22
aaa * * * *33
aaa * * * *44
bbb * * * *55
bbb * * * *66
bbb * * * *77
ccc * * * *88
ccc * * * *99

And this is what I need after transposing.

aa 11 * * *22 * * *33 * * *44
bbb * * * *55 * * *66 * * *66
ccc * * * *88 * * *99

Is there a way to do this using transposing?

Or by using Pivot tables?

Please let me know- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a lot. It works.