Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Conditional Formats on a List

I have right clicked a selection on excel and created a list. On this
list I have also added conditional formatting to color the cells in
each column a different color. When I add new things to the bottom of
the list the Conditional formatting does not always follow along.
Most of the formatting seems to go away as well. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the FORMAT PAINTER icon (paint brush) to paint the format settings
from the last entry in your current list into the * row, the expansion
row that appears when your cursor is in the List somewhere.

Then exit the list, then reenter the list and add a new row using the *
row. Should work from then on.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 5, 4:41*pm, JBeaucaire
wrote:
Use the FORMAT PAINTER icon (paint brush) to paint the format settings
from the last entry in your current list into the * row, the expansion
row that appears when your cursor is in the List somewhere.

Then exit the list, then reenter the list and add a new row using the *
row. Should work from then on.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=46803

JB
This is a no go. As soon as I click out side the box it goes away. I
could do this with a Macro, but I did not want to have users have to
enable macros. I just want the format to carry down inside the list
box.

Thanks,
Jay