AliceNXLand

Default How to create Conditional Formats that "grow" with copy/fill down.

I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy & paste.
All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried to
"paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is: equal
to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I copy &
paste. Thanks for ANY help.

AliceNXLand

Thanks Bob, but, I guess what I DIDN'T say that I should have is: I want the
format to look at the $F$8's Previous Cell and if it's equal, then make that
cell White. Then I want to copy that and paste down so it will look at
$F$9's Previous Cell next time, etc. I don't understand what your formula
will accomplish.... sorry. Please help me understand. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try a formula like

=A1=$F$8:F8

--

HTH

RP

"AliceNXLand" wrote in message
I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy &

paste.
All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried to
"paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is:

equal
to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I copy &
paste. Thanks for ANY help.

Peo Sjoblom

Use $F8 instead of $F$8 then the format will copy down

Peo Sjoblom

"AliceNXLand" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, but, I guess what I DIDN'T say that I should have is: I want
the
format to look at the $F$8's Previous Cell and if it's equal, then make
that
cell White. Then I want to copy that and paste down so it will look at
$F$9's Previous Cell next time, etc. I don't understand what your formula
will accomplish.... sorry. Please help me understand. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try a formula like

=A1=$F$8:F8

--

HTH

RP

"AliceNXLand" wrote in message
I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy &

paste.
All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried
"paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is:

equal
to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I
copy &
paste. Thanks for ANY help.

AliceNXLand

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :-)

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Use $F8 instead of $F$8 then the format will copy down

Peo Sjoblom

"AliceNXLand" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, but, I guess what I DIDN'T say that I should have is: I want
the
format to look at the $F$8's Previous Cell and if it's equal, then make
that
cell White. Then I want to copy that and paste down so it will look at
$F$9's Previous Cell next time, etc. I don't understand what your formula
will accomplish.... sorry. Please help me understand. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try a formula like

=A1=$F$8:F8

--

HTH

RP

"AliceNXLand" wrote in message
I would like to set up 1 conditional format that will grow as I copy &
paste.
All I've been able to do is copy the same over & over. I have tried
"paste special - format", but it didn't work. Example: Cell value is:
equal
to, $F$8, then Font is White. I would like to grow the "$F$8" as I
copy &
paste. Thanks for ANY help.

Gord Dibben

Alice

Try removing the $ sign from $F$8 to read $F8

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:13:03 -0700, "AliceNXLand"
wrote:

Thanks Bob, but, I guess what I DIDN'T say that I should have is: I want the
format to look at the $F$8's Previous Cell and if it's equal, then make that
cell White. Then I want to copy that and paste down so it will look at
$F$9's Previous Cell next time, etc. I don't understand what your formula
will accomplish.... sorry. Please help me understand. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try a formula like

=A1=$F$8:F8