Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to unlink links copied from a list from the internet

When I copy the schedule (or results) from the Nascar website and paste it in
excel, the tracks websites (or drivers websites) are attached to the list. I
would like to remove the links from each race locations(or driver) so I don't
get sent to that website.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i ran into that problem myself with football schedules so i wrote a little
macro to run after the paste.
just highlight the problem area and run this.
Sub removehyperlink()
Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

regards
FSt1
"kmjmail" wrote:

When I copy the schedule (or results) from the Nascar website and paste it in
excel, the tracks websites (or drivers websites) are attached to the list. I
would like to remove the links from each race locations(or driver) so I don't
get sent to that website.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

No macro needed.

1. Select an empty cell and choose Copy
2. Select all the cells with links and choose Edit, Paste Special, Add.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire