Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tres

Default How do you sort copied from internet data in Excel?

Copied parts of my cell phone bill to an Excel file for sorting. When I go
to sort it gives me an error message that merged cells must be identically
sized. Help tells me This error only appears if you attempted to sort a range
of previously merged cells, but not all cells in the sort range were merged
or are not of the same size.

To avoid this behavior, unmerge all the merged cells in the range, or merge
all the cells in the range to be the same as the largest merged cell grouping.

How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Select all the cells
format|cells|alignment tab
uncheck merge cells

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tres

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I tried that last nite but when I opened
the alignment tab merged cells and wrapped text were gray and I checked them
to uncheck but did not trying check and uncheck again, patience is what I
need at this point, too.
Thanks again!
Tres

"Dave Peterson" wrote: